Marianne Meyer receives AFS President’s Award 2010
The AFS Foundation is proud and honored that today its Vice President Marianne Meyer is receiving the AFS President’s Award.
Marianne’s achievements for this Foundation cannot be esteemed enough. When the AFS International Board of Trustees decided that it was a sensible move to create the AFS Foundation in order to safeguard the legacy of the AFS Network in case of utmost distress it was Marianne who was there to give it the necessary structure:
- locate it in a neutral country – Switzerland
- follow up on AFS’ trademarks and internet domains in the important countries around the world
- have it get involved in the discussion about the future of the archives of AFS International and the Partners around the world
- preserve the legacy of AFS’ founder Piatt Andrew
- develop a concept and take first steps for the foundation of an AFS Museum
- develop first steps for a Virtual AFS Museum
Marianne did all this on top of her lifelong career as a volunteer which you will honor just as well.
We greet Marianne and the other recipients of the AFS President’s Award and send our congratulations.
Jürgen Blankenburg, President
HAMBURG/NEW YORK, 19 November 2010
An AFS Enthusiast – From Geneva to Berkeley and Beyond